In 1867, E. & G.G. Hook installed Opus 419, a two manual, 12 stop organ in the rear gallery. This instrument was electrified in 1933 by George W. Reed & Son, with several electric unit chests installed to enlarge the instrument.
Andover retrackerized the organ's key action and installed a new attached console in the Hook style. Four stops were added in the Hook style to the original windchests to make the organ more versatile. The stop action remains electric with new solenoid motors installed and a solid-state combination action by Solid State Organ Systems. The Pedal will remain electric, on new windchests. The new attached console was built by David Zarges. Ben Mague was in charge of the mechanical portions and Robert Newton was in charge of the tonal aspects.
The organ was dedicated on Sunday, November 2nd during the regular morning service. The dedication recital was played by Peter Sykes on Sunday, March 14, 2004 at 3:00 PM.